Peter joined LUC in 2006. His portfolio of ecological projects spans the UK and a wide range of habitats.
His project experience ranges from floral and faunal surveys to impact assessments and the development and implementation of robust mitigation proposals. This includes habitat management proposals, creation and restoration schemes, and delivery of protected species mitigation under European Protected Species licenses.
Peter has experience of a wide range of project types, providing Ecological Appraisals, EcIAs and HRAs to support housing, transport, commercial and renewable energy developments. His detailed knowledge of legislative and policy drivers is essential in ensuring effective and robust support for development projects. He regularly inputs into biodiversity planning and research studies, including the identification and delivery of green infrastructure.
Peter is particularly experienced in open space projects, including developing landscape and habitat management plans, informing open space restoration projects and supporting Heritage Lottery Fund applications for the restoration of features of heritage value.
Outside work: Pete enjoys being outdoors with his family and is a persistent and hopeful allotmenteer.
- Ecological survey and appraisal
- Protected species survey and advice
- Ecological impact assessment (EcIA)
- Habitats regulations assessment (HRA)
- Open space/habitat restoration and management
- Biodiversity planning and policy
- Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (MCIEEM)