Catrin joined LUC in 2004. With a background in earth science and over 11 years’ experience, she has an excellent understanding of the natural environment and its processes and how they influence spatial planning and individual developments. Catrin has managed projects for public and private sector clients at European, national and local levels.
Specialising in environmental impact assessment (EIA) and minerals planning, she has undertaken site selection and feasibility studies for renewable energy developments and minerals sites, apportionment studies and local aggregates assessments, and research associated with minerals planning. She has managed EIAs for developments as diverse as wind farms around the UK, a water storage reservoir southwest of Abingdon in Oxfordshire, and the development of various sensitive historic sites.
As well as EIA and mineral planning, Catrin is highly experienced in sustainability appraisal (incorporating strategic environmental assessment), workshop facilitation and public consultation, and research projects focused on spatial planning.
Outside work: Catrin is a keen cyclist, and particularly enjoyed cycling from John O’Groats to Land’s End!
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Minerals Planning
- Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Town and Country Planning
- Cumulative effects assessment
- Strategic Site Assessment
- Planning research and Advice
- Training, Facilitation and Presentation
- BSc Environmental Earth Science
- MSc Environmental Management and Assessment