Helen is a chartered town planner with over 15 years’ experience in local government, planning and environmental consultancy.
Since joining LUC in 2002, she’s managed projects covering a range of disciplines, including planning and site specific studies, EIA, SA/SEA, planning research and writing guidance. Many of these projects were complex and involved managing multidisciplinary teams.
Helen has been instrumental in helping clients achieve planning consent for renewable energy, education, sport and tourism development projects, often on sensitive sites. Her EIA experience includes mixed-use commercial developments, wind energy and major education schemes.
She is passionate about planning projects which make a difference to the environment and the communities that enjoy them. Her approach makes planning more accessible to everyone, and she is relentless in the pursuit of solutions which achieve environmental objectives.
Outside work: Helen is a volunteer with Planning Aid. She also enjoys spending time in the countryside, and plays the flute in a local orchestra.
- Town planning & site assessment
- Environmental impact assessment
- Research & guidance
- Planning training
- Sustainability appraisal/strategic environmental assessment
- Consultation & facilitation
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- BA (Hons) Geography
- MSc Land Resource Management
- Post-graduate Diploma in Urban Planning specialising in Environmental Assessment and Management