We are delighted to announce that LUC has won the Royal Town Planning Institute’s Planning Consultancy of the Year Award.
Representatives from LUC attended the RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence ceremony in London this week and were thrilled to collect the prestigious prize on behalf of the company.
The judges’ comments:
LUC has strong values and principles that keep their clients happy, demonstrated by excellent testimonials, but also consistently brings them new custom. Their commitment to their staff is admirable, as is their commitment to sustainability with an awareness of the legacy they leave. The judges were particularly impressed by the scope of LUC’s work and extent of their community engagement.
Since our foundation in 1966, LUC has provided a unique blend of planning and design services to a wide range of public, private and third sector clients. Our team of 45 planners works closely with landscape design, landscape planning, heritage, and ecology colleagues to address the most significant and contemporary planning challenges, including:
- climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- characterising landscapes, towns and cities, so that growth can be accommodated sensitively;
- advising on the future of Green Belts, strategically and locally;
- developing and appraising strategic options for growth at a sub-regional level;
- ensuring urban extensions and new settlements, are rooted in a sense of place and meet locally defined needs;
- advising local authorities and developers on infrastructure requirements and policies, including energy, green infrastructure, open space, community facilities and places of worship;
- undertaking Sustainability Appraisal to assist local authorities achieve sound local plans;
- assessing the environmental effects of major developments and leading the way in protecting Natura 2000 sites, through Habitats Regulations Assessment;
- masterplanning and securing consents for a wide range of public and private sector;
- advising on national energy policies, planning policy and renewable energy development design to secure consents for renewable energy developments.
Good design and creating a sense of place are fundamental to our work. We use our environmental planning and landscape skills, coupled with historic environment expertise, to inform the design process, including checking and challenging architectural design.
Board Director for Planning, Philip Smith, says: “This is a tremendous accolade for our planning team and LUC as a whole. I’m delighted that the judges recognise that the range, depth and quality of our work, our multidisciplinary approach, levels of staff satisfaction and retention and consistently positive client feedback place us at the very top of the planning profession. I’d like to thank the LUC team and our clients for making this possible.”
Learn more about LUC’s Planning services: